Airtel is one of the telecom companies that allow you to shift to e-sim on all e-sim supported devices. An e-sim can be activated on all supporting devices in two hours time and the process is completely online.
Conditions for using E-sim
- A Phone that supports E-sim usage
- A wireless carrier that supports eSIM
So, check your eligibility before shifting to e-sim. Let, us check to know which devices support airtel e-sim usage. Only if you have any of the following devices will you be able to shift to e-sim from physical sim.
Also, note that an e-sim is device specific. So, even after an e-sim is enabled on one device, it is not possible for you to change or shift this e-sim to another device on your own. For making this change it is essential that you generate a fresh QR code with your new phone via Airtel.
Devices Supporting Airtel E-Sim
I. Smartphones supporting E-sim
As Airtel E-sim Technology is relatively new, there are only a few latest smartphone brands that support this technology, these are:
- Apple – iPhone 11 series, iPhone 12 Series, iPhone SE, iPhone XS, and iPhone XR.
- Google – Google Pixel 3 Series
- Samsung– Samsung Galaxy Note, Ultra, and Fold
- Motorola– Motorola Razr
iPhone’s supporting E-sim as dual sim
- iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13, and iPhone 13 mini, you can use Dual SIM with either two active eSIMs or a nano-SIM and an eSIM.
- iPhone 12 models, iPhone 11 models, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR, feature Dual SIM with a nano-SIM and an eSIM.
II. Smartwatches supporting E-sim
Some smartwatches also support e-sim. This are:
- Apple Watch 3 onwards
- Samsung Gear
So, if you have any of the above devices you can shift to an e-sim and enjoy the benefits of this new technology. Your new e-sim is not damageable and can be used with ease as long as you continue your present phone.
If you are using any of the above devices with an e-sim, but want to shift to some other non-supported device check how to convert an airtel e-sim to physical sim.