A variety of payment systems support UPI payments. However, do you ever have doubts about the payment app and wonder if it is safe to use?
In this post, we’ll discuss one of these payment options, Amazon Pay UPI, and find out whether it is safe. We’ll also take a look at the methods of payment and how you can keep yourself safe from fraud.
Each year, Amazon invests millions of dollars in improving its security measures. Whether you used Amazon Pay in the past or you want to use it in the future, there is no reason for concern. This platform is completely safe to use and there are no chances of getting cheated.
What is Amazon Pay UPI?
Amazon.com, Inc. is an international technology firm that specializes in e-commerce, cloud-based services, digital streaming, and AI. Amazon created the “Amazon Pay Unified Payments Interface (UPI)” to enable safe payments and financial transactions on its platform.
The National Payments Corporation of India (NCPI) established the Unified Payments Interface (UPI), which enables users to send and receive money. Moreover, UPI does not require details such as a bank account number or an IFSC code to transfer funds.
Customers can buy products from the Amazon app and also pay for their everyday transactions, such as recharges and bill payments, using their Amazon Pay UPI ID without going through a cumbersome process.
Now let’s discuss the big question “is Amazon Pay UPI secure?“
Is Amazon Pay UPI safe?
You may use Amazon Pay with no worries because it is entirely secure to use. You get notifications while you pay, whether on the Amazon app or any third-party website. Also, you are not required to enter your bank account number, IFSC code, or name every time you want to make a transaction. Hence we are of the opinion that Amazon Pay UPI is 100% secure and safe.
You can consider the following tips to ensure extra security of your payments:
- Set a strong UPI ID that isn’t easily guessable by others.
- Do not share your confidential Amazon Pay information with others.
- In case of not known transactions, you must immediately speak with the Amazon Pay support team.
- While making payment (other than Amazon app) using Amazon Pay UPI, ensure the authenticity of the third-party app or website.
- Enable the notifications so that you get an alert whenever a payment is made.
How to pay using Amazon Pay UPI?
To pay on the Amazon app, follow these steps:
- In the Amazon app, go to your cart and click proceed to buy.
- Choose “Pay with Amazon Pay UPI” on the select payment method screen.
- Select a bank account that is linked with your Amazon Pay UPI ID.
- Enter your UPI PIN to finalize the payment after verifying your order.
- On your Amazon app, you’ll get a confirmation regarding the order placed after the transaction is successful.
To pay on third party apps/websites, follow these steps:
- On the third-party app/website, input and verify your Amazon Pay UPI ID.
- Open the Payment Request notification you’ll get from your Amazon app after it’s been authenticated. (To access the request, go to your Amazon app’s Amazon Pay homepage and hit “You have pending actions.”)
- To confirm the transaction, review the request, click Pay Now, and enter your UPI PIN.
- On your Amazon app, you’ll receive the Transaction Completed notification once the payment is made.
Additional Read: Troubleshooting failed Amazon Pay transaction