It doesn’t matter what type of site you have. We recommend using CMS to make it work productively. Read on to find out what it is, how it helps, and how to choose a reliable CMS platform.
What Is a CMS Platform?
CMS is an abbreviation for “content management system. It becomes clear that such platforms are used to manage all the content of the page.
Using the CMS is very simple and intuitive. Moreover, to use such a system, you do not need knowledge of layout or programming languages. The graphical interface is clear and easy to use, which means that site management is available to everyone.
How Can a CMS Platform Be Helpful?
Well, using CMS gives a lot of benefits and possibilities. This is the most profitable of them all:
- The ability to implement full-fledged Internet resources even without basic web development skills.
- Convenient organization of taxonomy (categories, groups, and sections).
- Full-featured content editing module.
- Simplification of web mastering procedures (site transfer, adjustment of indexing settings, mirrors, etc.) and SEO attribute settings (NC, meta, etc.).
- Ease of administration: while this function can be easily transferred to another employee, if necessary, it is enough to familiarize him with the interface and basic functions of the platform.
- The efficiency of site creation and reduced development costs.
- The ability to use one of the many free or commercial design templates released specifically for certain CMS.
How to Choose the Best CMS Platform for Your Website?
There are a lot of CMS on the Internet, so we know what you are probably wondering about: how to choose the right CMS. We in Promodex Agency have prepared some guidelines that we recommend you follow if you want to select a stable and well-functioning platform:
- Try it before using it. No need to move the whole website to a specific platform if you don’t know how it works yet. Use a trial plan and then decide if you want to work with this CMS.
- Make sure that the CMS supports the plugins you need. Check out if a platform works with an API and integrates with other apps you need for your website.
- Check the support work. You don’t want your site to crash. But it will happen if there is something with CMS’ work. And if there is no support staff, nobody will help with your problem.
- Know what other people say. Sometimes, reading the reviews might help you make the right decision. Find out what reputation this platform has and what probable difficulties you should expect while working with this CMS.
The Best CMS Platform for Your Needs.
These are the most popular CMS that is used by millions of site owners. Read about them and decide if one of these platforms suits you the most.
WordPress is the most widely used free and open-source content management system. More than 35% of websites around the world work on this engine, and this is no coincidence: WordPress has the highest number of necessary functions: the use of SEO optimization plugins, SSL support, page caching, and content moderation.
At the same time, WordPress is suitable for any type of site, from blogs and one-pagers to news pages and online stores.
Initially, Squarespace was designed as a service for creating informational sites and blogs. Later, the founders shifted their focus toward e-commerce projects and created a comfortable environment for users. Both beginners and people with experience in site building will be able to understand the platform.
Squarespace offers all the tools for running an online store, analytics, powerful marketing, and hundreds of ready-made templates and solutions.
Magnolia is an open-source content management system. This CMS offers various ready-made templates for website management. The main advantages are the relatively low cost of service and excellent level of support, so Magnolia is perfect for corporate clients. Using the platform is very convenient due to the clear interface and functionality.
Weebly is not only a CMS but also a free website builder. Like other services of this kind, Wibli offers a bunch of advanced marketing features, integration with popular applications, SEO optimization tools, and free templates. Anyone who has never even heard anything about website development will get along with the interface.
With the help of a CMS like Wix, it’s easy to create powerful websites for any need: from landing pages to large business projects. Wix integrates with the most popular applications and plugins and contains hundreds of ready-made templates, a clear visual editor, and SEO tools.
By the way, you can use Wix for free; its limited functionality should be enough for comfortable website creation.
Managing content on a website is easier if you use Bynder. It is a free platform that features ease of use and powerful web page management tools. For example, through Bynder, you can create a page design, integrate with applications, publish digital content, and use page promotion tools. Through Bynder, you can also manage plugins and increase the performance of the page.
We tried to briefly explain what CMS is and how it can be helpful for you. Remember that not every platform you find on the internet is suitable for you—do some research and try it on yourself before using a CMS for your website.