CN Tower and Burj Khalifa are considered among the tallest buildings in the world. These buildings hold a significant essence attached to them. Among CN Tower and Burj Khalifa, Burj Khalifa has acquired the stature of the tallest building in the world. These tall buildings, or skyscrapers are among the top tourist attractions around the world. If you love heights, then you must visit these places, and if you are afraid of heights, then may be you can overcome your fear to visit these wonders to have a wonderful experience.
Let us look at CN Tower vs Burj Khalifa to know which is taller and better? Was CN Tower the tallest building? Or does Dubai’s skyscraper- Burj Khalifa tops CN Tower as World’s largest free-standing structure?
CN Tower vs Burj Khalifa
CN Tower (Canadian National Tower)
World's tallest free-standing structure.
It is now the ninth tallest free-standing structure in the world.
Skidmore, Owings and Merrill
Since its completion, it has achieved numerous highs. It is the World's Tallest existing structure, Tallest Freestanding Structure, Tallest skyscraper, Building with most floors, Highest elevator installation, Longest travel distance elevators, World's highest nightclub, World's highest restaurant, World's highest New Year display of fireworks, World's largest light and sound show & more.
The CN Tower was declared one of the modern Seven Wonders of the World by the American Society of Civil Engineers. It also belongs to the World Federation of Great Towers.
Number of Floors
Also check a comparison between Burj Kalifa & X Seed 4000.
About CN Tower
- CN Tower, known as Canadian National Tower, is a telecommunications tower in Canada with a whopping height of 533 m.
- CN Tower is Canada’s internationally renowned architectural building which is recognized and celebrated as an great achievement.
- It has a touch of modern architecture, with classy entertainment and a fine-dining experience.
- CN Tower was built in 1976 as a trademark for Canadian industry and acquired the stature of the world’s tallest building.
- It held this status for almost 3 decades, which was then surpassed by Burj Khalifa in Dubai.
- Many tourists visit CN Tower to enjoy the breathtaking view and to experience the feel of being in CN Tower. It is Toronto’s most distinctive landmark.
3 reasons why you should visit CN Tower
- To experience how it feels to be on top of the world.
- To walk over the Edge Walk, which is a recent addition to the CN Tower. It gives you the experience of the highest outdoor walk in the world.
- To experience the fine dining experience with a breathtaking view at a height of 533 meters.
About Burj Khalifa
- Burj Khalifa, located in Dubai, is the tallest free-standing building in the world.
- Burj Khalifa is 828 m tall, with more than 160 stories.
- Other than being the world’s tallest building, Burj Khalifa also holds numerous world records.
- The structure of Burj Khalifa is designed to resemble the Hymenocallis flower. The central core culminates in a sculpted spire at the top of the building.
- Other than being a tourist attraction, the building is used for multi-purposes. It has restaurants, hotels, office space, residential apartments, and observation decks for tourists.
World records for Burj Khalifa that will make you want to visit
- The tallest building in the world.
- Tallest free-standing structure in the world.
- The highest number of stories in the world.
- Highest occupied floor in the world.
- The highest outdoor observation deck in the world.
- Elevator with the longest travel distance in the world.
- Tallest service elevator in the world.
- & many more.
CN Tower vs Burj Khalifa: Final Notes
Dubai’s Burj Khalifa is taller and provides you with a view of being in clouds. CN Tower, though smaller than Burj Khalifa, has a breathtaking view with an outside walk-over bridge attached to it.