Sweatcoin is a step-counter app that tracks your daily steps and swops them for Sweatcoins. These Sweatcoins can then be exchanged for discount items and other perks.
In this article, we will go through how Sweatcoin works, check whether the user makes real money and whether it is even worth the effort.
How does the Sweatcoin app work?
Sweatcoint app is a fitness app that counts the steps of its users. When it was launched, it immediately became a massive hit because of the perks it provided alongside- converting your outdoor efforts into ‘money.’ The money earned through Sweatcoins can then be exchanged for various gadgets, fitness kits, services, discounts, and more.
Is there any catch with Sweatcoins?
Whenever you take a stroll outside, this app will count your steps. Then coins, these steps would be converted into money, but it would be digital. That’s where the catch lies.
This app does not transfer the acquired amount directly into the user’s bank account or cash-in-hand.
Is it possible for the user to cash out the Sweatcoins earned to Bank Account?
At this very moment, it is not possible to cash out Sweatcoins via bank transfer, and there’s no option to cash out your Sweatcoin balance to real money other than purchasing one of our PayPal or Amazon vouchers.
Popular questions related to Sweatcoins.
Q1. Can you convert your Sweatcoins to Paypal?
Yes, you can convert your Sweatcoins into PayPal just by selling them.
Q2. Where can you sell your Sweatcoins?
Sweatcoins can be sold on platforms like Reddit and Discord Chat.
Q3. How to sell your Sweatcoins?
After going online on the platforms mentioned above, the user has to advertise their Sweatcoins for sale, where a handful of people would be willing to buy those.
Q4. How do you convert Sweatcoins to dollars?
One Sweatcoin is equal to USD 0.01. So, according to this, 100 Sweatcoins will be similar to $1.
- The Sweatcoin app isn’t a scam, and what you earn has value. But one Sweatcoin is not really valuable or even close to the value of a dollar, and currently, one Sweatcoin is worth around $0.05.
- The items or services you can buy with Sweatcoin will differ based on location.
- Sweatcoin is not a digital currency like Bitcoin or Ethereum; you cannot use it elsewhere. But the company claims its eventual goal is to make Sweatcoin fully-fledged digital money you can buy and sell on exchanges. That’s undoubtedly a matter of time, then.
- You need to walk 1,000 steps to earn one Sweatcoin. A $20 Amazon voucher currently costs 8,000 Sweatcoin, so you’ll need to walk to be in the market for this product.
If you are in desperate need of making more money, this app is undoubtedly not worth it. Otherwise, this app might motivate you and make you walk longer for your benefit.
Q5. Is Sweatcoins legitimate?
Yes, it is, but it is undoubtedly not for everyone. You can get products for free, or at a discount, by tracking your steps, but it has limitations in terms of what you can buy and where, so it will disappoint you if you’re looking for real cash.
Q6. What are the pros and cons of using the Sweatcoin app?
- It keeps you in a playful mode while counting your daily steps. Thus healthy and entertaining at the same time.
- The concept of being great motivates people to walk more.
- Steps can be exchanged for discounts or even diverted towards crowdfunding campaigns.
- The app has been facing a lot of inaccuracies in its algorithm;
- Items listed in their product section might be cheap, but they disguise the shipping cost and a limited amount of rewards.
- Upon purchasing any product, the series of sign-ups required becomes very troublesome.
It is then clear that Sweatcoins don’t give you real money, and no such provision has been developed yet which could convert Sweatcoins into real money. The only option left with the users is to sell the coins earned and convert them into Paypal. Only then could proper use be made out of it, as these coins do not allow digital transactions.
Also Read: Where to buy Flow?