Enabling or activating a cash card can be a simple process if you follow the guidelines laid down by us below. In this article, we have explained some simple steps that can be followed to activate or enable a cash card in two separate methods. Before that, let us try and understand what it means to enable a cash card.
What Does Enable Cash Card Mean?
If you are wondering what it means to enable your cash card, it means to activate the card so you can begin using it.
Enabling a cash card gives you access to all the features of the card. You can use it to withdraw cash from an ATM that supports your cash card or to make purchases from retailers who accept the card.
Why Enable your Cash Card?
You may want to pay for your dinner or for a service you have purchased, apps like the Cash App let you exchange funds without having to go to an ATM or open your wallet.
One of the main benefits of using the Cash App is that you can use the balance in your app to pay at stores that accept Master Card and Visa. The cash card can also be used in ATMs to withdraw money.
What Do You Have To Do?
The process of enabling a cash card is really simple. It can be done in two ways. You can activate the card with any of the methods below:
- With QR code
- Without QR code
Both of these procedures are fairly straightforward. The entire process takes less than a minute. You just have to make sure to follow the steps carefully.
Activating The Cash Card With a QR Code
- Launch the Cash app on your smartphone.
- On your home screen, you will find the cash card button which is second at the bottom of the screen from the left side. Click that.
- The next page will have the option of Activate Cash Card. Select that.
The app will ask for permission to access the camera to scan the QR code on the Cash Card. You must get your cash card out and hold it so your camera can scan the QR code. Once the QR code is scanned, the cash card will be enabled and can be used anywhere.
Activating the Cash Card Without a QR Code
- Launch the Cash App on the smartphone.
- On your home screen, choose the Cash Card icon which is situated second at the bottom towards the left of the screen.
- The next page will open with the option Activate Cash Card, select that.
- Now, instead of giving permission to access your camera, choose the option – ‘Missing QR Code’. Select the option of Use CVV Instead.
- Enter your CVV code and the date of expiration which will be present on the Cash Card. Once the information has been entered, the Cash Card will be enabled and can be used anywhere.
Requesting a New Cash Card
- Open the cash app on the phone.
- Select the Cash Card button at the screen’s bottom.
- Select the order button which is green in color.
- Now, select the color of the card’s display, add a signature or a drawing by selecting the customize button. Anything can be drawn in the box. Enter other details required for the card such as your address and then select Next.
- You will then be required to add your full name which will be shown on your card along with your birthdate. You must be older than 18 years of age to get a Cash Card.
- At last, you will be asked to enter your social security number‘s last four digits.
After your order has been placed, you will get your cash card that can be enabled through the app in a few business days.