If you are looking to activate the new Jio eSim on your latest iPhone then you have come to the right place. This article will help you in explaining how to set up an eSIM on the new iPhones. We have also answered critical questions that many users have.
Let’s dive right into it.
How to Activate Jio eSim on iPhone 11/12/13?
Before we begin, it is important to know that the eSIMs only work well with iOS 12.1 and above. So, ensure you have that.
The method of setting them up is the same in iPhone 11, 12 and 13.
- Select General in the Settings. When you press About, an IMEI number and an EID number should appear. Take note of those numbers.
- Send the text GETESIM to 199 from your iPhone that has an active Jio SIM along with the EID and IMEI numbers. It should look like this:
GETESIM<32 Digit EID><15 Digit IMEI>
- A 19-digit eSIM number and information on how to configure your eSIM profile will be sent to you.
- Additionally, a message for setting up the profile on your device will be sent as well.
- Then, send SMS SIMCHG to 199, followed by the 19-digit eSIM number. It should look like this:
SIMCHG <19-digit eSIM number>
- You should receive an update on eSIM processing in around two hours. To confirm, SMS “1” to 183 and you will receive an automated call.
An automated call from +91 2235072222 should then ask you for the 19-digit eSIM number. Press ‘1’ on the call to confirm. Following that, you will receive an SMS confirming the successful activation of services on your eSIM.
- When your current physical SIM stops functioning, you must set up your eSIM. If you received a message telling you to set up the profile on your phone, press it and choose ‘Install data plan‘ and then click on continue. You should now be able to use your Jio eSIM.
What should I do if I did not receive any notification?
- In Settings, you should see ‘Jio Data Plan Ready to be Installed’ in case you did not receive any notification regarding this. Select it.
- Tap Continue when it reads ‘Install Data Plan’ on the next screen. You should now be able to use your Jio eSIM.
What to do when ‘Jio Data Plan Ready to be Installed’ does not come?
- If the ‘Jio Data Plan Ready to be Installed’ option is not shown in settings, go to Mobile Data and choose Add Data Plan. Tap the Jio option.
- Tap the Add Data Plan option in the pop-up window that appears. Your Jio eSIM should be enabled after you’re finished; just hit Continue.
So, to sum it up, setting up Jio’s eSIM on your iPhone 11, 12 or 13 is very simple. The steps have been explained. You can now use your eSIM to make calls and use mobile data for running apps.
You can also read about: How To Connect RCA Projector RPJ136 to Phone?