Echo VR is one of the earliest Virtual Reality games to gain mainstream attention. It was originally launched as Echo Arena and has since expanded to include Echo Combat as well. However, only Echo Arena is free, Echo Combat needs to be purchased. Echo Arena was released in 2017 followed by Echo Combat in 2018. Echo VR app can be launched from Oculus Home and the user would load to the Echo VR lobby. The user can then Echo Arena as well as Echo Combat.
About Echo VR
Echo VR game is set in a zero-gravity environment where two teams of robots are pitted against one another where they battle for possession of a floating disc. Though it seems simple the result is some of the most pulse-pounding, sweat-inducing gameplay one can have in a VR setting. The movement system of this game is unique and intuitive which is easy to learn but difficult to master. The players glide, boost and punch their way to scoring goals in a breathtaking virtual arena.
Echo Arena rewards players that work well together as in a team sport. Players can signal for a pass with a shout and a wave, just as one naturally would, with the incredible social expression powered by Oculus Touch. Echo Arena is also a full-contact sport where one can make a fist and use a swift punch to an opponent’s head to stun them, or grab onto another player’s back and catch a ride down-field. Players can even flaunt the goals scored with their own victory dance. Echo VR makes use of Touch gesture controls and voice-over-Internet communication.
Echo VR is a great virtual reality game. But, gamers often wonder if they can experience and immerse in this gaming experience on PSVR.
Is Echo available on PSVR?
No, Echo VR is not available on PSVR. To enjoy the Echo VR game one must use the Oculus systems. Here is the list of some of the other games available on PSVR.
- Astro Bot Rescue Mission
- The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners
- The Persistence
- Wipeout: The Omega Collection
- Hitman Trilogy
- Pistol Whip
- Skyrim VR
- Star Wars: Squadrons
Also, read if Skyrim VR worth the buy?
Echo VR & Oculus systems
- Echo VR game is exclusive to Oculus systems.
- Oculus produces virtual reality headsets, including the Oculus Rift and Oculus Quest lines. Oculus currently offers only the Oculus Quest 2, a versatile all-in-one VR system. It is a standalone VR headset that has self-contained motion tracking and a full-motion six degrees of freedom, a high-resolution display, and built-in speakers.
- Players need to log in to a Facebook account to use the headset. It can even connect with a PC if required using a single USB-C cable.
- Echo VR supports 120 Hz mode on Oculus Quest 2.
- Echo VR is a futuristic e-sport providing some of the best immersive VR experiences.
- 859 MB of space is required on the disc to download Echo VR.
- Echo VR, the social VR sports game available on Oculus PC and Quest, has launched a ‘battle pass’ system called Echo Pass following closed beta testing. The pass allows players to unlock some free cosmetic customizations for the game, while premium cosmetics can be bought with real money. All the rewards relate to customization and do not offer an in-game advantage.
Echo VR is one of the best Oculus Quest games and a dynamic team sport that continues to be a huge draw to Facebook’s VR headsets.
Watch the Trailer of Echo VR here.
Beginning of Echo VR
- Echo VR is developed by Ready At Dawn which is based in California, USA .
- Ready At Dawn creates games for both AAA console and virtual reality audiences and is reputed for excellence in artistry and design.
- Echo VR is published by Oculus Studios. Oculus Studios is a division of Oculus, a subsidiary of Facebook Inc., that focuses on funding, publishing and giving technical advice to third-party studios to create games and experiences for Oculus gaming platform.