Laughter is the Language of Soul. It is one of the best medicine which helps you get over a blue day or sad feelings. Most commonly, laughter is seen as an auditory expression of positive emotional states like joy, happiness, relief, etc. By laughing, we release stress hormones and make way for calmness and relief. Laughing is not just suitable for lifting your mood, but it’s a medicine for you and your soul. So, whenever you watch a comedy movie or have a fun time with your close friends, you feel happy and relieved. Laughter is like a therapeutic session that you didn’t even know is beneficial for your soul.
Benefits of Laughter
When you were a child, you would always laugh at the most random thing, and nothing could get in your way towards a happy day. But when you grow up, life becomes more serious, or so you see it that way. Adults are always seen to be more serious; that is how they are considered competent in a professional environment. A study shows that a child laughs about 300-400 times a day, whereas an adult smiles only 10-15 times a day.
Did you know that according to research, laughter brings out happiness, increases immunity, and relieves pain? Positive psychology states that there are 24 main strengths a person can possess, and laughter and having a sense of humor is a part of it. Unfortunately, as we grow older, we tend to become more serious and laugh a little less every day. But we need laughter more as we become adults as it helps release the stress hormones and tensions of our day-to-day lives.
Is Laughter Good For The Soul?
We can easily prove that laughter is good for the soul. There are actually several ways that prove laughter is good for the soul. These are-
- Laughter Therapy– Therapy is a way to deal with our mental health issues, and laughter therapy is a proven remedy for various problems. Problems like depression, anxiety, chronic tension, stress, and much more mental health-related issues.
- Stress Hormones– Laughing helps release stress hormones that might get in the way of our day-to-day lives. A burst of excellent and prolonged Laughter fires up and cools down the responses to your stress.
- Stimulation of Organs– Laughing not only makes you feel good mentally but affects your organs ,like it increases a rich blood flow and your oxygen intake. Due to laughing, a chemical is released known as endorphin, which is a happy hormone.
- Immune System– Laughter increases your physical health as well boost up your immune system. According to scientific research, laughing increases your antibody cells which helps you fight infections in a faster way.
- Personal Satisfaction– Laughter helps ease pain in difficult situations and produces painkillers that can help your mind fight off negative and stressful thoughts.
- Positive Thoughts– Laughing is a medicine for the soul. Our body and organs sure help us function with day-to-day lives, but being more mindful and present is how a person actually feel alive. By laughing, we give way to more positive thoughts and help function our mind, body, and soul in a much healthier way.
The Negative thoughts that might act as a cloud over your happiness are removed with the help of a good laugh. Laughing not only makes you happier but soothes your soul into being more active, mindful, and happy. As a famous philosopher once said, ‘Happiness resides not in power and possessions, happiness dwells in the soul.’