LinkedIn is a well-known professional networking site across the globe. It helps people connect with people in the business and service industry, share their experiences, and find jobs.
As of current stats, it has a massive network of more than 774 million users. Unlike the other networking forums, LinkedIn encourages the world professionals to connect in order to make them more successful and productive.
It has supported people to build and maintain work relationships within their organizations and people from other companies as well. The prominence of sites such as LinkedIn has been further elevated due to the rise of flexible and remote work trends.
Significance- Linking or Tagging :
While scrolling through LinkedIn, we often come across posts in which people and/or organizations are linked. So before we head to explain the steps to tag, let’s first understand the need to mention someone or some company in a LinkedIn post.
Mentioning is a handy approach to acknowledge people and organizations’ work, strike conversations, and bring important matters to the notice of industry influencers. And in return, the tagging feature boosts the visibility and engagement with your posts and comments.
In fact, it is one of the effective practices that you can adopt to grow your connections. Practising this strategy on a regular basis helps build a network of professionals with similar opinions and interests.
A point to be noted here is that you don’t necessarily need to be a connection or follower of the person or the company page in order to link them.
Now let’s look at the process of tagging a company page.
How to link a company page in post?
One of the frequently asked questions by LinkedIn users (especially the new ones) is “how to link to the company page in posts?”
Remember, you can either tag the company page in your post or in the comment section of someone else’s post.
Steps to link company page in posts
You can do so by following some simple steps :
- Log in to your LinkedIn profile.
- On the homepage, click on start a post or comment section of someone else’s post.
- Type the content you want to share with the world and when you want to link a company, start with @ symbol followed by the name you are searching for. A drop-down list of potential companies will appear that you can tag.
- Click on the organisation’s name from the list that you think is appropriate, and continue typing your message.
- Tap on post to share the content/comment.
After you have finally shared the post, a notification will be sent to the particular company’s page about the mention.
Important points regarding linking feature:
- It should not necessarily be a new post or comment in order to link a company page. You can always edit your previous posts and comments on someone else’s post and tag the apt company page.
- It is crucial to ensure relevance between the content of the post and the organization (whose LinkedIn page you are linking to).
- See to it that you aren’t negatively exposing or pointlessly tagging the company for insignificant matters.
We hope that you have now become familiar and proficient with the linking feature of LinkedIn.
Also, read more about why marketing channels are important to any company.