“Smart lighting that connects to more than just your phone.”
The Philips Hue Ensis is a new product from Phillips and is an improvement over the original hue. In this article, we will weigh the pros and cons to give you our opinion on whether this product is worth it.
(4.5 / 5)
(4.5 / 5)
(5.0 / 5)
(3.5 / 5)
(4.4 / 5)
What is Hue Ensis, and how does it work?
Philips Hue Ensis is a connected LED light strip. It’s available in two versions: 1-meter and 2-meter, each with a maximum output of 1600 lumens. It’s waterproof (IP67 rated), which means it can be submerged in water up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes.
It’s also capable of displaying 16 million colors and all of the shades of white you would expect from a connected LED bulb. It is possible to get both indirect, vibrant ambient lighting and direct, white, functional lighting simultaneously. For tables in the kitchen, living, and dining rooms, Ensis is ideal.
Unlike other Philips Hue products, the Ensis requires more than just the Hue Bridge to work. You’ll need at least one Hue Bridge to assign it to zones and rooms, but you’ll also need a Philips Hue Dimmer Switch handy. The Dimmer Switch includes a starter kit but can also be purchased separately.
What’s Good in Philips Hue ensis?
The Philips Hue Ensis is a light designed to be placed above your ceiling. It is an excellent option for those interested in lighting who do not want to spend much money.
The product is easy to install and provides excellent lighting with its energy-efficient LED bulbs.
1. It has an elegant design which makes it look beautiful.
2. It has a dimming feature that allows you to adjust the brightness of the lights according to your needs.
3. It comes with three different color temperatures, so you can choose one that suits your taste best.
4. It comes with a remote control which makes it easy for you to control the lights even if you are not at home or in another room with the light switch on.
5. The product is durable and will last many years without any problems whatsoever.
What’s Bad in Philips Hue ensis?
The Philips Hue Ensis is a great-looking product, but it’s not quite as impressive once you start using it.
- The light is not adjustable; you cannot change its direction from side to side or up and down. This may not be the best choice if you want to direct the light over a specific area of your homes, such as your desk or reading chair.
- If you need to install it yourself, it can be challenging because you have to drill holes into your ceiling just big enough for the screws holding the wires together.
- It comes with only one remote control, which limits how much power you have over your lights. If you want more control, you must purchase additional remotes.
How much does it cost?
The Philips Hue Ensis costs $374.99 and is more expensive than other products in the market. However, the price tag is worth it for the quality of the product.
If you are looking for an affordable light, then Philips Hue Ensis is not for you. But this is the perfect option if you are looking for a high-quality light!
We have mentioned its features here:
- With Hue’s Bluetooth app, you can control up to 10 lights simultaneously. With just a button, you can choose different colors and have complete control over them.
- Philips Hue is compatible with both Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. You can easily control one lighting or several in a room using voice commands.
- It makes your work easier and smoother. Looks wise, it looks very sophisticated, and it has a very modern look to it.
- There are about 16 million different lights that you can choose from, and all are a different shade of white.
- You get a warranty of 2 years on its purchase.
- It is compatible with the existing Philips Hue system and ZigBee-based systems like Bosch, Innogy, and Busch-Jäger.
- It responds fast to your commands.
- The automation features are exceptional. It comes with good geofencing and scheduling; it integrates well with your music services, such as Apple Music, and digital assistants like OK Google.
Philips Hue Ensis: Review
So far, we have heard good things about it from the consumers. The Hue Ensis has a straightforward installation process. Many users have claimed they did not find the installation process a hassle, giving them a good experience. The manual explains the setup well, making your installation journey comfortable. They also provide the feature of pre-sets. That way, you can decide how to make your room more ambient. The system works efficiently with the previous models of the Philips Hue series.
The Bottom line
In conclusion, Philips Hue Ensis is a great product to buy, and it is not only cost-effective in quality but also durable and easy to install. Once installed, you can connect it with other compatible Philips Hue products. Overall, it is handy and beneficial for your home.
Also Check Philips Hue Centris Review.