Hunting for a good connection WiFi extender can be a task, especially when you have a house with multiple stories with multiple layers of walls and ceilings, which are likely to degrade your connectivity. So, in this article, we have curated some top WiFi extenders that will be perfect for your 3-story house.
Let’s check them out!
Top WiFi Extenders For A 3-Story House
This is one of the most potent WiFi extenders in the market with MU-MIMO that can get through solid walls and multiple floors. This can be used with all brands of standard routers and service provider gateways; it’s universal.
- Extend the range of any Wi-Fi router for up to 15,000 sq. ft. of additional coverage
- Extends up to a range of 15,000 sq. ft.
- 16 powerful amplifiers and 4 high-gain antennas.
- Allows streaming in HD and 4K media.
- Delivers a speed up to 2.4 GHz 800 Mbps + 5GHz 1733 Mbps.
- 1.45Hz Dual Core Qualcomm processor.
- Universal Compatibility.
This is another one of the best Wifi Extenders that can be used for a three-story house, allowing an entire family to have a lag-free WiFi experience. It assures good coverage for your phone, media streaming, gaming, web, Alexa, Echo, Ring, and more. Many worldwide trust TP-Link.
- Extend Wi-Fi Coverage - Boosts Internet Wi-Fi Coverage up to 2000 Square feet and connects up to 32 devices - Compatible with any Router, Gateway, Access Point (2.4GHz - 450Mbps ; 5GHz - 1300Mbps).
- Extends coverage up to 2000 sq. ft
- Can connect up to 32 devices
- Access point of 2.5GHz- 450 Mbps; 5GHz- 1300 Mbps
- Easy and Fast setup
- Three adjustable external antennas
- It can be moved.
- Signal light indicators
- RE button
- Universal compatibility
Houses with three stories or more should try using this Wifi Extender. Although the price is higher, it comes with excellent features. It comes with WiFi Booster with two omnidirectional high-gain antennas, dual-band in one, to go through thick walls with stronger connections. The signal becomes powerful.
- Ferociously Unique WiFi Extender: Specially embedded in 2 FEM independent external signal amplifiers and two high-gain independent signal amplification chips to ensure that REX12 sends targeted Wi-Fi...
- Can extend the range up to 2300 sq. ft.
- Can connect up to 45 devices
- Provides up to 2200 Mbps
- Uses a tri-band and patented FastLane 3 technology
- It can be used for heavy-duty 4K, HD streaming
- Safe and secure
- Simple and easy installation
Another one from TP-Link guarantees a fast internet connection and smooth performance. It is versatile and has a high range for multi-storied homes.
- Extend Wi-Fi Coverage - Boost Internet Wi-Fi coverage up to 1200 square feet and connects up to 20 devices - Compatible with Wi-Fi Router, Gateway, Access Point (2.4GHz - 300Mbps ; 5GHz - 433Mbps)
- Boost Internet Wi-Fi coverage up to 1200 square feet and connects up to 20 devices.
- Compatible with Wi-Fi Router, Gateway, and Access Point (2.4GHz – 300Mbps; 5GHz – 433Mbps).
- Fast Internet with Fast Ethernet port.
- It has OneMesh Technology.
- It can function as a wireless adapter to connect wired devices, like Blu-ray players, game consoles, or smart TV.
This black model from ANTIER is top-tier with its coverage. The connection is stable, super fast, and compatible with several devices. It is suitable for people who need it for video streaming, online gaming, and internet calling.
- Supports 1200 Mbps for 2.4 GHz and 5800 Mbps for 5 GHz, with a total of 7000 Mbps.
- Equipped with an external 4 x 3dBi high gain antenna and can be rotated 180 degrees for a more stable signal and 360° coverage.
- It can also be used as an access point, converting a wired network to a wireless network.
- It supports three types of encryption: WEP, WPA, and WPA2.
Where Should I Place The WiFi Extender In A 3-Story House?
No matter what Wi-Fi extender you choose for your house, you must ensure that it is positioned at a common or central place and, at the same time, reasonably close to your main router. This will help all rooms get good connectivity and ensure no dead zones in your house.
The placement of the WiFi has to be done strategically to achieve maximum coverage. There are two ways to approach this:
- If all your devices are on the same floor, it is ideal to have the router placed on that floor.
- If you have devices on multiple floors, the best place for the router would be right in the middle of the second floor. This will provide even coverage.
In conclusion, you must consider the size of your house, the purpose of the Wi-Fi, and the materials your house is built with to ensure you get the best connection possible.
We have listed the best ones for you, and we hope you choose the one that suits you and your home the best!
Also, read OpenVPN or LT2P: Which is Better?